Friday, July 01, 2011

FFF55. Impress me

You want to impress me?  Bring me flowers. Not boring roses but bright daffodils. Clove-scented pinks. Feed me well. French bread, salty butter, crisp salad leaves. Fresh crab and a bottle of bone dry Chablis. Follow it with a good blue cheese; Roquefort with pears, and a glass of fine port.
Read me Walt Whitman.

*********

Fortunately the person who needs to know this advice has got it pretty well sorted!  (xx K. )

FFF55 is a weekly challenge to write a story in just 55 words.  It's hosted over at the G-Man's blog.  Go visit!

11 comments:

Akelamalu said...

The need to impress was on my mind when I wrote my 55 this week too. ;)

Good one AJ!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

honest and fun 55.

may all of your wishes coming true.
Happy Friday.

joanne fox said...

Ooh lovely. I am impressed, and hungry.

Ellie Garratt said...

Like Joanne, I'm impressed and hungry!

Ellie Garratt

Belinda Munoz said...

Mmmm, I love crab! Sounds like a fantastic meal!

Brian Miller said...

i would be all about the crab and the Whitman....

hedgewitch said...

Amen. The secret to impressing someone is knowing who they are--and we are what we eat, yes? Delicious 55.

hope said...

I'm a daisy person myself but standing ovation!

G-Man said...

People just need to pay attention.
Somewhere AJ is an Attentive Man.

Loved your 55 My Dear
Thank You so much for the Class you add to The Friday Funfest .
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

snafu said...

An interesting formula with which to impress a lady, but I don't think that would have worked for my better half. She loves roses and is not too keen on crab or Walt Whitman, but I managed to impress her all the same and it is our tenth anniversary next month. Good 55

Olivia said...

Appetizing 55!
I wish we had the custom of handing out our preferences before going out on a date!!

A very nice one..
The image made me hungry- it's Sunday morning and this did it!!

Sunday Hugs xox