Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Back to work

I've written some rubbish today, which is a pity, since I'm paid to write more sense. What's that? Paid to write?  Correct. Although don't get excited all you desperate authors. I am not paid to write fiction. I am supposed to write news. I'm in the middle of producing a newsletter for the charity I work for, and trying madly to find interesting, relevant and vaguely scientific tales to tell. I found a few, but after two weeks of seasonal goodwill my skills were less than honed today.

Nil desperandum. I have words in hand, and will edit viciously in a couple of days when my work ethic returns.

3 comments:

Gwen Gardner said...

Some days you just don't feel it, I know. "It" will return, though, so don't fret!

Paula RC said...

I know what you mean, but I'm sure you will soon sink back into the flow again, AJ

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Anne .. I suspect you'll come up trumps and as Jarmara says be back in the flow shortly .. happy writing in the days ahead & Happy New Year .. cheers Hilary