Friday, October 28, 2011

Memories

Every year at Christmas my Dad used to buy me a teddy bear. It started with my first ever Christmas and just became a habit. As I got older he asked me if I wanted him to stop buying them but I told him I loved every one of them, and it didn't make me feel young and stupid to have teddies, it made me feel loved.

Sometimes they were in the form of jewellery, once was even a sweater with a bear worked into the stitches. But the ones I liked best were the proper, furry bears and I've kept every one of them because they are precious.

I'd swap them all to have my dad back though.

3 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi AJ .. just wonderful and so great you kept them all - could be a good collection to showcase sometime ..

I too would love to have my father back .. Great memories though for you .. cheers Hilary

Akelamalu said...

All those bears must have very special memories for you.

I'd give anything to have my Dad back too. x

Jinksy said...

I too have a soft spot for teddies - I maintain it's because there weren't many around when I was tiny, thanks to the war. Yours look adorable.