Friday, April 22, 2011

Treats

Hot cross buns all dripping golden butter.
Decorated chocolate eggs and sugar flowers.
Rich Simnel cake with little balls of marzipan.
Fluffy marshmallow chicks and bunny biscuits.
Cupcakes made like birds’ nests.
Roast spring lamb with all the trimmings.  
Four day weekend and day trips to the seaside.

Remind me what Easter’s all about again?


OK. You all know it's not my religion, but don't go thinking that I'm having a go at anyone. I'm not.
HAPPY EASTER

FFF55 is a weekly challenge to write something in exactly 55 words.  For more examples take a trip to see the G-Man at Mr Knowitall.

10 comments:

Sandra Davies said...

You got me with the first two ... enough!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Morning AJ .. fortunately I live by the sea .. and see it everyday .. but Simnel Cake - I just love it .. actually hot cross buns too that are easier to get hold of ..

We used to have to sit quietly for an hour on Good Friday when we were kids ..

Have a peaceful Easter ..Hilary

anthonynorth said...

I'm not religious either, but I do class myself as spiritual and respect all peacefully held beliefs. The message has certainly been lost.

Brian Miller said...

as much as christmas has...renewal, refreshment and hope...hopefully.

snafu said...

Hot cross buns were originally more of a penance you only ate plain food on Good Friday and fasted during lent. Now they are a luxury item laced with sugar and on sale all year round. Profit destroys the spirit of all these festivals when corporates get in on the act. Now Mammon is the most successful God and we all worship him with our credit cards.

G-Man said...

Ham, homemade Pierogi's, green bean caserole!
I'm getting in the mood...Thanks for your menu!
Delicious 55 AJ.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Easter!

Akelamalu said...

Of course those are all the things people now associate with Easter aren't they?

Happy Easter to you AJ. x

Monkey Man said...

Quite a feast you wrote there. Now I'm hungry.

Ellie Garratt said...

That was lovely. I hope you had a great weekend. I spent Sunday with family and it was wonderful.

Happy Easter!

Ellie Garratt

Shanae Branham said...

Wow! My taste buds are watering! Great 55. I am glad that I finally made it over.

Click here to check my 55 out