Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reading the classics

Thanks to the very entertaining Nature of Magic Blogfest I have encountered some great new people, including co-host Tessa who has made a pledge to read 12 classics this year. Now that seems like a very good idea to me.

Given that I received 100 free e-books when I bought my new e-reader this is the perfect opportunity for me.  I read a lot of classics at school because I had to, and I can't say I enjoyed them all that much. So there's a few I want to go back to and try again now that I'm a grown up!

One of the first on my list is Silas Marner, although I admit I have already read a part-finished work by Dickens this weekend called A Message From the Sea, which I'm going to count. Beyond that I don't know. I've never read The Great Gatsby and I think I should.

I shall keep you informed how I get on.

This will provide a link that tells you a bit more:

1 comment:

Amalia Dillin said...

I recently read the Great Gatsby for the first time, too. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it!